Expected Year of Graduation: 2021
Research Lab: Dr. Xiaohua Peng
Area of Focus: Organic Chemistry/Medicinal Chemistry
Thesis: Development of novel DNA interstrand cross-linking agents by using binaphthalene analogues.
Tianjin Polytechnic University, China, 2012-2016, Bachelor’s Degree (Material Sciences and Engineering)
Why I like Chemistry
It helps me know better about our world and it teaches me to think in a more rational and comprehensive way.
Why I chose the Chemistry and Biochemistry Program at UW-Milwaukee
There are a lot of research opportunities and good lab instruments that can let me learn many techniques. The intelligent faculty members and friendly research environment help me focus a lot on my research work.
Develop compounds that can cross-link DNA efficiently, and then can be used as anti-cancer drugs.
- Zechao; Heli F.; Qi Z.; Xiaohua P. “Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Binaphthalene Precursors as Photoactivated DNA Interstrand Cross-Linkers”. Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2018, 83, 8815-8826.
- Chaoping F.; Feng R.; Qi Z;, Guojuan L.; Liming Z. “Effects of collagen incorporation on thermogelation and hydrogel characteristics of aqueous Pluronic F127 copolymer system”. Colloid and Polymer Science, 2015, 293(8), 2191-2200.
- Liming Z.; Chaoping F.; Guojuan L.; Feng R.; Qi Z.; Chuan Y.; Li Y. “A multifunctional and thermosensitive hydrogel dressing for wound healing”. China Patent, Application No.2015134204, Application Date 22/12/2015, Publish No: CN105597146A, Publish Date 25/06/2016.
- The Effects of Leaving Groups or Substituents on DNA Interstrand Cross-link Formation Induced by Binaphthalene Analogues. Chemistry & Biochemistry Research Symposium in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (2019).
- The Effects of Leaving Groups or Substituents on DNA Interstrand Cross-link Formation Induced by Binaphthalene Analogues. 258th American Chemical Society National Meeting, August 2019, San Diego, CA, USA.
- American Chemical Society Travel Award (2019)
- UWM Graduate Student Travel Award (2019)
- UWM SAC Travel Award (2019)
- UWM Chancellor’s Award (2016-2019)