On December 16, 2018, five of our doctoral and master’s students walked the stage at Fall 2018 Commencement held at the Panther Arena. Join us in congratulating the following students:
- Heli Fan (Peng Group): “Inducible DNA Cross-Linking Agents: Design, Synthesis, Mechanism, and Anticancer Activity”
- Matthew Hoag (Moran Group): “Renalase as an Intracellular Metabolite Repair Enzyme”
- Md. Toufiqur Rahman (Cook Group):
- Part I “Shorter and Improved Access to the Key Tetracyclic Core of C-19 Methyl Substituted Bioactive Sarpagine-Macroline-Ajmaline Indole Alkaloids via a New Ambidextrous Asymmetric Pictet-Spengler Reaction Beginning from Either D-(+)- or L-(-)-Tryptophan”
- Part II “The Total Synthesis of a Number of Bioactive C-19 Methyl Substituted Macroline-Sarpagine Indole Alkaloids including Macrocarpines A-G, Talcarpine, N(4)-Methyl-N(4), 21-Secotalpinine, Deoxyperaksine, Dihydroperaksine, Talpinine, O-Acetyltalpinine, As Well As N(4)-Methyltal-Pinine”
- Toufiqur will be joining The Research Triangle Institute (RTI International, Durham, NC) as a Post-Doctoral Fellow-Scientist in January.
- Kelly Pauly (Arnold Group): “Proposal to Validate Groups Of Materials, Rather Than Individual Material, For USP <233> elemental Impurities Analysis By ICP -MS”
- Kelly is a manager at Eurofins SF Analytical, supervising a group of QC chemists running specialty testing on raw materials. She will be continuing her career there.
- Victoria Fisher-Keough (Murphy Group): “From General Chemistry to Anatomy and Physiology: Revalidating and Adapting Assessments and Models”