Train the Trainer Unit I: Design and Development of Training Programs
Gain the knowledge and skills to create compelling and effective training programs. Learn how to effectively manage what happens before, during, and after training. This course provides a comprehensive foundation in professional training using the ADDIE model as a framework.
Also available online: Train the Trainer Unit I: Design and Development of Training Programs (Online)
Rodney (Buck) Hillestad is founder and president of Hillestad Learning Technologies, a training and development company specializing in training design and delivery, along with leadership/managerial, and team skills. Buck regularly delivers classes for the University of Wisconsin extensions and is ... read more
Who Should Attend
- Training and development managers
- Managers and supervisors
- New or experienced trainers
- HR professionals
- Anyone who wants to design a customized program from the ground up
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Analyze corporate culture to align with training outcomes
- Identify the most effective approach to your training design
- Understand the fundamentals of adult learning methodologies
- Discover innovative ways to design training that accelerates the learning process
- Learn methods for conducting a needs assessment
- Create your map – for program and learning objectives
- Design experiential learning cycles
- Pick the design process that works for you and your project
- Develop a training evaluation strategy
- Establishing and Aligning Training to Organizational Goals, Culture, and Vision
- Assessment cont.
- Approaches to Training
- Adult Learning
- Accelerated Learning
- Needs Assessment
- Learning Objectives
- Designing, Delivery, and Reinforcing Methods to Optimize Learning
Sessions include a morning and afternoon 15 min. break.
Lunch and snacks are provided each day. Discounted parking is also available for those who park in the adjacent Grand Avenue parking structure.
"I thought Buck was fantastic. As the manager of training at my company, I’m pretty picky about trainers, but he did a great job." — Rory Karle, Henry Schein Veterinary Solutions, 2017
"Excellent course – the relevance and real-world applications/examples were fantastic!" — John Feider, 2017
UWM-SCE Train the Trainer Program Overview
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.
Date: Wed-Fri, Mar 6-8
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Rodney (Buck) Hillestad
CEUs: 2.1, PDCs: 21
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 5040-11609
Registration Deadline: Wed., Mar. 6