The Power of Positive Conflict
Conflict is inevitable in the workplace. The most high-performing leaders and teams see conflict as an opportunity to grow, rather than something to be avoided. This course provides a deep dive into workplace conflict. Participants explore the sources of conflict and the toxins that can show up if left unresolved. Discover how to respond effectively instead of reacting instinctively in order to create stronger relationships. Leave with specific strategies that can be used immediately to harness the power of positive conflict.
Darcy Luoma is a master certified life coach, dynamic facilitator and professional speaker. She has a Master of Science in organization development from Pepperdine University, where her thesis research showed profound results that life coaching significantly increases overall life satisfaction ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify personal mind-sets of workplace conflict and explore different perspectives
- Compare and contrast different types of conflict and the impact on goals and relationships
- Explore different strategies for resolving conflict, including conducting balanced conversations, neutralizing toxic behaviors and accepting diversity of styles and thought
- Create individual plans to apply conflict resolution strategies in leadership roles
- Perception of conflict
- Definitions of conflict: the good, the bad and the ugly
- Case studies in conflict
- When expectations cause conflict: Conducting balanced conversations to identify needs and next steps
- When differences cause conflict: Accepting diversity of personalities, ideas and experiences to move forward in a common direction
- When conflict becomes toxic: Identifying toxic behaviors and determining the antidotes in order to reduce negativity and increase productivity
- Individual conflict plans: How to apply this moving forward
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.