Legislative Relations for Nonprofit Managers
One of the important roles of the nonprofit sector is to advocate for social and governmental changes necessary to respect the full potential of all members of our community. For some agencies, advocacy is their main mission; for others it is one of many missions. Learn effective methods of public advocacy, whether through direct contact with decision-makers or through grassroots campaigns.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn effective methods of public advocacy for your nonprofit organization
- Determine legal guidelines to advocacy
- Identify dos and don’ts of advocacy
- Explore online advocacy opportunities throughout the nonprofit sector
- Write policy proposals for submission to elected officials
Dates and locations to be announced.