Legislative Relations for Nonprofit Managers
One of the important roles of the nonprofit sector is to advocate for social and governmental changes necessary to respect the full potential of all members of our community. For some agencies, advocacy is their main mission; for others it is one of many missions. Learn effective methods of public advocacy, whether through direct contact with decision-makers or through grassroots campaigns.
This course can be applied to the Professional Certificate in Nonprofit Management.
Dextra Hadnot is a professional with 27 years of management experience working with nonprofit and for-profit organizations. He is a trained registered lobbyist with nearly 18 years of lobbying and advocacy experience.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Learn effective methods of public advocacy for your nonprofit organization
- Determine legal guidelines to advocacy
- Identify dos and don’ts of advocacy
- Explore online advocacy opportunities throughout the nonprofit sector
- Write policy proposals for submission to elected officials
Date: Wed, July 12, 2023
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-3pm CT
Instructor: Dextra Hadnot
$185 by June 28, 2023
$215 after June 28, 2023
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 7360-15487
Registration Deadline: July 12, 2023