It is the responsibility of the professional working with data to ensure the validity and quality of the data used in any analysis. Through this course, you learn the power and responsibility that comes with researching, interpreting and communicating data and how the lack of respect for ethics in data can bring down any organization. Dig deeper into privacy concerns, regulatory data usage, data footprint development, artificial intelligence and the impact of data breaches.
Sherri Luckett is currently a business transformation manager with nearly 20 years of experience spanning the retail, banking and real estate sectors, all with an emphasis on data management, analytics and strategy management. Sherri is passionate about deep analytics and ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Be able to define and identify ethical concerns in data.
- Be aware of the various data laws
- Understand data governance in analytics
- Apply such knowledge to ensure the validity of analytic interpretation
- What is ethics?
- Define ethics in data
- Usage in analytics
- Data regulations and compliance
- Introduction to various regulatory agencies and their functions
- Regulatory compliance applications
- Data collection
- Data usage
- Data sharing
- Case study: Data behavior monitoring system
- Data governance
- What is data governance?
- Why is this important?
- Data breach impact
- Case study: Data security
- Stay abreast of industry regulations
- Scrutinize data sources
- Proper interpretation of trends and statistics
- Class examples
"I really liked how the class was structured and that it was more interactive. Discussion and questions were welcomed throughout the entire class. The teacher was great." — Case Manager
"This class was greater than I expected! I learned a lot of interesting information that can help my peers and me do our jobs better by protecting our company and personal data." — class participant
Date: Fri, May 21, 2021
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-4pm CT
Instructor: Sherri Luckett MS
$425 by May 7, 2021
$450 after May 7, 2021
CEUs: 1.4, PDCs: 7, PD Hours: 7, CDUs: 7
Enrollment Limit: 24
Program Number: 5020-13017
Note: Participants will receive instructions and course links approximately one week prior to first class.
Registration Deadline: May 14, 2021