Email Marketing Best Practices
Intro to Marketing Automation
Email marketing has evolved considerably in the last five years, and along with it, so have best practices. In this course, you learn about the breadth of technologies available to facilitate everything from a simple newsletter to a robust personalized marketing automation infrastructure. We cover everything you need to know to ensure that your email is consistently delivered, opened and, if applicable, clicked.
We approach the topics both from a hard technical perspective as well as a soft marketing skills perspective – giving you the tools, tactics and techniques to measure and improve your email marketing performance.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for marketing professionals, web designers and copywriters responsible for guiding or implementing an effective email marketing program.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the different types of software platforms used to manage email marketing
- Avoid spam filters and deliverability issues
- Increase the probability your email is opened and acted upon
- Differentiate newsletter, drip sequence and automated campaigns and when to use each
- Best practices for email copywriting
- Best practices for email design and graphics
- Select the metrics that matter to your organization
- Email Service Providers vs. Marketing Automation Platforms
- Email program structures
- Creating an email newsletter
- Creating a drip sequence
- Deliverability: ensuring your emails are received
- Improving open rates
- Drafting subject lines and preview text
- Improving results
- Drafting compelling copy
- Measuring success and identifying the right metrics to use
- Strategies for personalization: segmentation, personalization and triggered campaigns
All sessions are Face-to-Face unless otherwise noted.