Email Marketing Best Practices
Intro to Marketing Automation
Email marketing has evolved considerably in the last five years, and along with it, so have best practices. In this course, you learn about the breadth of technologies available to facilitate everything from a simple newsletter to a robust personalized marketing automation infrastructure. We cover everything you need to know to ensure that your email is consistently delivered, opened and, if applicable, clicked.
We approach the topics both from a hard technical perspective as well as a soft marketing skills perspective – giving you the tools, tactics and techniques to measure and improve your email marketing performance.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for marketing professionals, web designers and copywriters responsible for guiding or implementing an effective email marketing program.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the different types of software platforms used to manage email marketing
- Avoid spam filters and deliverability issues
- Increase the probability your email is opened and acted upon
- Differentiate newsletter, drip sequence and automated campaigns and when to use each
- Best practices for email copywriting
- Best practices for email design and graphics
- Select the metrics that matter to your organization
- Email Service Providers vs. Marketing Automation Platforms
- Email program structures
- Creating an email newsletter
- Creating a drip sequence
- Deliverability: ensuring your emails are received
- Improving open rates
- Drafting subject lines and preview text
- Improving results
- Drafting compelling copy
- Measuring success and identifying the right metrics to use
- Strategies for personalization: segmentation, personalization and triggered campaigns
"Excellent course with relevant info. I appreciated the full-circle approach to the course content, from subject lines to audience list grooming to measuring.
I really liked Steve’s approach. He was clearly very knowledgeable on the topic and brought in some of his real-life client experiences. I felt he answered a lot of my questions before I could ask them with a very clear structure of the content. This was one of the best courses I had in the certificate program." — Participant, May 2021
"Really enjoyed learning from Steve!" — Participant, May 2021
"Steve’s a great instructor. He is organized, takes time to listen and address issues, but most importantly, knows his stuff." — Participant, May 2021
"I like courses that push me and my company to evolve our marketing to the next level. Steve gave a great overview as well as practical applications to my business. I’ll take these and start doing list hygiene as well as marketing automation." — Kathy DeVries, Wheel & Sprocket, Participant, October 2020
"I like UWM’s classes. Virtual class was surprisingly good. First time I took one since the pandemic." — Participant, October 2020
Date: 2 Thu, Jan 27-Feb 3
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-Noon CT
Instructor: Steve Robinson
Enrollment Limit: 20
Program Number: 5026-14338
Note: Detailed instructions and links will be provided to all registrants approximately one week prior to first class.
Registration Deadline: Jan 27