Building an Integrated Digital Content Strategy
Strategic and focused communication is essential and requires an organized, targeted plan. This course teaches you how to develop a content strategy to effectively connect your business and stakeholder goals with your audiences’ needs, wants and expectations.
This course provides you with a comprehensive overview and the tools to create a content strategy that works for you and your organization.
You learn how to guide the creation, delivery and governance of useful, usable content. Each participant has the opportunity to develop fundamental materials to help build out content strategy. These include:
- Brand Promise Statement
- Personality Traits
- Core Content Strategy Statement
- Content Audit
Who Should Attend
- Marketing professionals
- Communications professionals
- Designers and writers responsible for managing and/or producing an organization’s digital content
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define content strategy and its significance in the context of business goals
- Identify key components of audience/brand personas and their role in shaping content
- Explain the importance of content inventory/audit in the content strategy process
- Describe the relationship between information architecture (IA), sitemaps, and content document templates in organizing and presenting content effectively
- Analyze your organization’s audience (brand persona) and how it is used in communication
- Content strategy – what it is and why you need it
- Audience/brand personas
- Content inventory/audit – what it is and why it’s important
- IA/sitemap/content document templates
- Style guide
- Business goals
Solid understanding of marketing concepts including audience definition.
"Tim was great! Super knowledgeable and made the content of the course very relatable and digestible." — Participant, October 2022
"Short, sweet and to the point. I felt like it was the perfect amount of content to keep you engaged and learning. Tim [the instructor] was great and very knowledgeable! The class felt extremely valuable throughout the entire time frame, and I learned a bunch." — Peyton Litterick, Azura Memory Care, October 2022
"I’m doing this program to pick up the latest know-how and skills in the field. This class gave me some immediately applicable tools for my work. It was absolutely the right length." — Participant, June 2022
"Tim [the instructor] did a great job at applying each exercise to the different industries in the class. He made the content of the course exciting." — Participant, June 2022
"It was a great introduction on some basic marketing principles for someone getting started in the program. The class had a wide variety of student backgrounds/careers, but Tim [the instructor] was able to encourage and connect with everyone." — Participant, June 2022
"Content is extremely helpful for someone seeking more technical aspects of digital marketing and content strategy. Instructor is knowledgeable, speaks clearly and helps illustrate content." — Participant, June 2022
Dates and locations to be announced.