Plastics Technology Certificate
The plastics industry is one of the main contributors in the field of engineering. Plastic parts have spread into each area of life, making our daily tasks easier and the world more efficient. The Plastics Technology Certificate develops a foundational knowledge of plastics, covers in-depth features of plastics design and helps you stay competitive in the industry. With topics ranging from biomedical devices, injection molds and plastic materials to sizing, calibration and implementation, our expert instructors share their extensive experience with you, strengthening your skills and expanding your knowledge base.
- Define the technical properties of plastics and apply them using quantifiable methods
- Summarize plastic mold concepts and determine how to avoid costly design mistakes
- Describe methods to communicate the troubleshooting process and solutions
- Examine the role of new technologies and their growing connection to biomedical plastics
- List the factors that affect plastic part performance
- Select case studies to critique best practices and identify common pitfalls when designing devices
To get started, choose from our broad selection of courses. Earn your certificate in as little as 18 months by completing nine or more days of courses.
For information on the course format, view the session information on the selected course page.
|Designing Plastic Parts for the Injection Molding Process|
11/16-11/17 In-person With Livestream
|Fundamentals of Plastic Material Selection|
5/18-5/19/2022 Live Online
|Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing|
3/14-3/16/2022 Live Online
|Molding of Rubber and Design of Rubber Molds||$1390|
|Plastic Injection Mold Design Advanced|
11/18-11/19 Live Online
|Plastic Injection Mold Design Basics|
11/15-11/17 Live Online
|Plastic Part Failure: Analysis, Design & Prevention|
10/25-10/27 Live Online
|RPA Testing of Rubber Processability and Dynamic Properties|
2/21-2/22/2022 Live Online
|Silicone Elastomers Technology and Fabrication||$1790|
|Strictly Snap-Fits: Developing World-Class Snap-Fit Attachments||$1190|
|The Essentials of Silicone Elastomers||$1190|
|Understanding Raw Materials: The Building Blocks of Rubber Compounding|
11/16 Live Online
Still Have Questions? Contact Us.
Elizabeth Weber, Program Support
Earn your certificate and showcase your achievement with a distinctive digital badge.