Plastics Technology Certificate
The plastics industry is one of the main contributors in the field of engineering. Plastic parts have spread into each area of life, making our daily tasks easier and the world more efficient. The Plastics Technology Certificate develops a foundational knowledge of plastics, covers in-depth features of plastics design and helps you stay competitive in the industry. With topics ranging from biomedical devices, injection molds and plastic materials to sizing, calibration and implementation, our expert instructors share their extensive experience with you, strengthening your skills and expanding your knowledge base.
- Define the technical properties of plastics and apply them using quantifiable methods
- Summarize plastic mold concepts and determine how to avoid costly design mistakes
- Describe methods to communicate the troubleshooting process and solutions
- Examine the role of new technologies and their growing connection to biomedical plastics
- List the factors that affect plastic part performance
- Select case studies to critique best practices and identify common pitfalls when designing devices
To get started, choose from our broad selection of courses. Earn your certificate by completing 6 core courses and 2 elective courses within three years. An alternative option to the elective courses is to enroll in our Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate and complete the capstone project.
For information on the course format, view the session information on the selected course page.
|Designing Plastic Parts for the Injection Molding Process|
5/14-5/15/2024 In-person With Livestream
|Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing||TBA|
|Plastic Injection Mold Design|
2/20-2/22/2024 In-person With Livestream
|Plastic Injection Mold Design Basics||TBA|
|Plastic Part Failure: Analysis, Design & Prevention||TBA|
|Strictly Snap-Fits: Developing World-Class Snap-Fit Attachments|
4/30-5/1/2024 Live Online
|The Essentials of Silicone Elastomers|
2/27-2/29/2024 Live Online
|Advanced Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing|
4/23-4/25/2024 Live Online
|Fundamentals of Plastic Material Selection||TBA|
|Molding of Rubber and Design of Rubber Molds|
5/20-5/22/2024 In-person With Livestream
|Plastic Injection Mold Design Advanced||TBA|
Still Have Questions? Contact Us.
Aaliyah Schoclet, Program Manager
Earn your certificate and showcase your achievement with a distinctive digital badge.