- PhD, Wayne State University, 2007
- MS, East China Normal University, Shanghai, 2002
- BS, East China Normal University, Shanghai,1999
- Applied probability and stochastic processes
- Actuarial sciences and finance
- Computational linear algebra
- Mathematical statistics
Helmes, Kurt, Stockbridge, Richard, and Zhu, Chao. “Continuous Inventory Models of Diffusion Type: Long-term Average Cost Criterion.” Annals of Applied Probability 27. (2017): 1831--1885.
Helmes, Kurt L., Stockbridge, Richard, and Zhu, Chao. “A Measure Approach for Continuous Inventory Models: Discounted Cost Criterion.” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization 53. (2015): 2100-2140.
Chao Zhu on MathSciNet