- PhD, Texas Tech, 1997
- MS, Mathematics, University of Texas at Dallas, 1994
- MS, Computer Science, JATE, University of Szeged, Hungary, 1990
- BS, Computer Science, JATE, University of Szeged, Hungary, 1990
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Washington University, 1997
- Process control and simulation: nonlinear stabilization of control systems; output regulation for distributed parameter systems; real-time optical control for film-growth; numerical solution of differential equations.
- Biological and biomedical modeling: numerical simulation and evaluation of the embryo transfer phase of in-vitro fertilization; epidemics modeling; stability of disease free sets.
- Image processing: image filtering algorithms applicable in magnetic resonance imaging.
Selected Service and Projects
- UBM-Group: Integrated Undergraduate Research Experiences in Aquatic Biology and Mathematical Sciences at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, NSF Grant, 2008-2011.
- Collaborator with OERC (Orthopedic Engineering and Rehabilitation Center, joint project of Marquette University and the Medical College of Wisconsin) to pursue human motion modeling and analysis and its application to investigating pathological gaits of children with cerebral palsy.
- A Computational Parameter Study of Embryo-transfer, submitted to Annals of Biomedical Research, 2006 (with P. Rinaudo and S. Dashev)
- Stability of disease free invariant sets in epidemic models, Mathematical and Computer Modeling, 2006, 43 (11-12) pp.1357-1366.
- Non-collocated Simpson’s rule for Spatial Sampling of Pixels’ Sensitive Area for Image Arrays, submitted to International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 2006 (with J. Gutierrez and B. Armstrong)
Istvan Lauko on MathSciNet