Mathematical Sciences - General
Eng & Math Sciences E475
Web: Personal Webpage
- PhD Cornell University, 2002
- BS, with honors, Mathematics, University of Maryland, College Park, 1995
- BS, Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, 1995
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Chicago, 2002-2005
- NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, 2002-2006
Selected Service and Projects
- Co-organizer, 2008 Annual Spring Topology and Dynamical Systems Conference
- Organizer, Annual Marden Lecture
- Chair, Mathematical Sciences Colloquium Committee
- Principal Investigator, “Relative Hyberbolicity and Nonpositive Curvature”, NSF Grant, 2008-2011
- Packing subgroups in relatively hyperbolic groups. Geometric Topology, 13 (2009), no. 4, 1945–1988, with Daniel T. Wise
- Commensurability invariants for nonuniform tree lattices. Israel J. Math, 152 (2006), 125–142, with Benson Farb
Hruska, Geoffrey C., and Ruane, Kim. Connectedness properties and splittings of groups with isolated flats.
Hruska, Geoffrey C., Stark, Emily, and Tran, Hung C. Surface group amalgams that (don’t) act on 3-manifolds.
Hruska, Geoffrey C., and Nguyen, Hoang T. Distortion of surfaces in graph manifolds.
Hruska, Geoffrey C., and Wise, Daniel T. “Finiteness properties of cubulated groups.” Compositio Mathematica 150. (2014): 453-506.