- PhD Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires, 1999
- MS Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires, 1995
- Postdoc, Department of Biostatistics, University of Zürich, 2001-2004
- Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires, 1996-1999
- Functional Data Analysis (i.e. statistical analysis of samples of functions)
- Robust Statistics (i.e. outlier-resistant estimation methods)
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Multivariate Analysis
Selected Service and Projects
- Robust functional estimation using the spatial median and spherical principal components.Biometrika 95 (2008), 587-600.
- Choosing principal components: a new graphical method based on Bayesian model selection.Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 37 (2008), 962-977, with P. Auer.
- Logistic discrimination with total variation regularization. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 37 (2008), 1825-1838, with R. Rühlicke.
Gervini, Daniel, and Baur, Tyler J. “Joint models for grid point and response processes in longitudinal and functional data.” Statistica Sinica.
Gervini, Daniel. “Warped functional regression.” Biometrika 102. (2015): 1-14.
Gervini, Daniel. “Warped Functional Analysis of Variance.” Biometrics 70. (2014): 526-535.
Gervini, Daniel. “Analysis of Aneurisk65 data: warped logistic discrimination.” Electronic Journal of Statistics 8. (2014): 1930-1936.
Daniel Gervini on MathSciNet