Six Sigma Black Belt Module I – Define and Measure
Learn process improvement strategies and mapping, basic statistics, control charts, data collection and more.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Understand the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) methodology
- Apply the appropriate strategy and statistical techniques to help eliminate mistakes, reduce processing times and decrease operating costs
- Learn advanced control charting methods, hypothesis testing and correlation analysis
- Overview of process improvement strategies
- Why Six Sigma?
- The DMAIC roadmap
- Roles of champions, Master Black Belts and Black Belts
- Choosing a problem-pareto analysis
- Process mapping-flowcharts
- Data collection and sampling techniques
- Basic statistics-location vs. variation
- Control charts-variable and attribute
- Control charts for short production runs
- Subgroup statistics vs. process parameters
- Rationale for the 1.5 sigma shift
I appreciate your quick review and response on my black belt project. I enjoyed your class with its basis on real life problems and solutions rather than the tedious devotion to statistics that are readily available by computer program. I will recommend you and the UWM program in the future.
Thanks" — Bill Bryar, Waukesha Electrical Systems
Dates and locations to be announced.