Mind-Body Tools for Deeper Wellness
Mounting evidence indicates that mind-body practices, especially guided imagery, can decrease anxiety and depression and lead to a deeper sense of well-being. Explore stress resilience, somatic awareness, creative expression and guided imagery as therapeutic tools through active and experiential learning. Gain fresh perspectives and new ways to think about the mind-body connection, along with practical and innovative techniques to use with your clients. Our focus is on cultivating compassionate therapeutic presence and positive mind-body states, rather than on pathology. Expand your model of therapy to become more comprehensive, collaborative and creative.
Kate Greenway, MS, LPC, is a licensed professional counselor, certified clinical hypnotherapist, grief support specialist, stress resiliency coach and sexuality/health educator. Kate specializes in the mind-body connection and midlife renewal. She believes that tremendous self-awareness and growth are born through ... read more
Who Should Attend
Professionals with foundational training and skills in listening, empathy and rapport building, such as psychotherapists, psychiatric nurses, hospice staff and clergy.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Explore the link between stress and emotional/physical challenges.
- Increase awareness of how the mind-body process can buffer the stress response and self-regulate anxiety, depression, energy levels and mood swings.
- Understand the history behind current research and the interconnection between neuroscience and mind-body wellness practices.
- Learn simple techniques to integrate creative arts, somatic awareness and guided imagery into your work with clients to enhance their quality of life.
- Gain practical skills to improve your own self-care and prevent burnout.
- Bring new vitality into your professional and personal life.
Students are encouraged to bring in a case study to discuss in relation to the mind-body techniques taught in this class. We discuss how to customize approaches for individual clients based on their symptoms, history, temperament and lifestyle.
A link to access the online classroom will be emailed within a few weeks of the course start date.