Inclusion Strategies for Nonprofit Organizations
Gain methods for creating an environment that is aware of and respects the broad spectrum of human diversity, which is imperative for healthy organizations. Increase your understanding of all aspects of inclusion to promote more productive work groups. Learn skills and competencies for working within an inclusive team.
American society has not yet achieved our shared goal of equality. Learn about different values, communication patterns and approaches to decision-making used by minority groups that managers should be aware of when leading a nonprofit organization and how these differences influence its working dynamics. Learn to overcome problems and unintended barriers to successful working relationships in diverse populations.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Examine the nature of common biases, how they originate and how they may impact the success of your nonprofit organization
- Examine the impact of changing demographics on nonprofit organizations
- Identify differences in values, communication and approaches to decision-making and relationships within various groups
- Incorporate best practices that embrace diversity and accommodate the changing labor market
- Develop tools for educating employees, consumers and contributors on the value of diversity
- Improve cross-cultural communication methods and understanding