Google Tag Manager
Are you excited about the arrival of Google Analytics 4.0? Worried? Rethinking your analytics strategy? On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics by Google will stop processing data and replace it with GA4. Now is the time to learn about Google Tag Manager’s role in the data you collect through GA4.
This class introduces you to how Google Tag Manager works on a website to give you the data you need to evaluate your marketing tactics. Whether you are the whole marketing department for your small business or part of a large marketing team with front-end website developers, this class will help you become familiar with the Google Tag Manager user interface. You will even learn how to build and manage custom tags, media pixels and data solutions for your website.
This course is for marketing and business professionals who want to improve analytics but have little or no experience with Google Tag Manager.
This course can be applied to the Digital Marketing Certificate.
Anthony Virgilio joined Laughlin Constable in 2013 and currently serves as a senior analyst and strategist for a number of clients, some of which include ASPCA, Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group, Wisconsin Department of Tourism, and R. W. Baird. Anthony is ... read more
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for business and marketing professionals whether or not you do any coding on for your website.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
- Be introduced to Google’s tag management platform, its specific functions and an overview of common use cases
- Become familiar with the role of GTM with Google Analytics 4.0
- Get started with GTM
- Learn step-by-step how to implement GTM on your website
- The building blocks of GTM
- Learn the core functionality and features of GTM and how they’re used in both simple and complex cases
- Building in GTM
- Apply learnings from the chapter above in order to build your own tags
- Previewing & QA Tags
- Learn how to test your tags before publishing live
- Measuring impact
- Learn how to access data from your newly created tags in various reporting platforms
"I thought this was a well organized and helpful course for anyone learning more about Google Tag Manager. Anthony is a great instructor that took time to answer questions." — Manoj Swearingen, Reflector, Spring 2022
"I found Anthony to be a great instructor. He was not only clearly knowledgeable, but also took time to help us learn GTM step by step, which was great." — Participant, Spring 2022
Date: 2 Mon, May 1-8
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-Noon CT
Instructor: Anthony Virgilio
$349 by Apr 17
$374 after Apr 17
Enrollment Limit: 10
Program Number: 5026-14775
Note: Participants will receive instructions for logging into Canvas to access course materials and Zoom links prior to class start date.
Registration Deadline: May 1