Developing a Strategic Plan for Your Nonprofit Organization
Learn a model to achieve a critical level of strategic thinking in all employees. Apply the tools to your own agency and identify next steps in creating strategic thinkers on your team.
Jeff Russell, co-director of Russell Consulting, Inc., specializes in helping organizations internationally achieve great performance while successfully responding to the challenges of change. With a focus on leadership, strategic thinking, leading change, and performance coaching, Jeff has worked with organizations ... read more
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Describe the strategic planning process and how it differs from other forms of organizational planning.
- Describe the role that strategic planning plays in enabling long-term organizational success.
- Demonstrate key elements of the strategic planning process: assessing the present reality, conducting an environmental scan, developing a vision of the future, defining key governing organizational values/beliefs, identifying strategic issues, and developing action goals/plans.
- Discuss and apply the “balanced scorecard” approach to organizational strategy.
- Develop strategic action goals for moving your organization toward its strategic vision.
- Develop a plan for implementing a strategic planning process in your organization.
Goals of this session are to assist you in understanding the importance and process of strategic planning, how it differs from other forms of organizational planning, and how to initiate a strategic planning process in your organization.
Fee includes lunch.
Date: Wed, May 26
Delivery Method: Live Online
Time: 8:30am-3pm CT
Instructor: Jeff Russell
$180 by May 12
$195 after May 12
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 7360-13396
Note: Logistical details will be provided to all registered participants.
Registration Deadline: May 26