Adobe Illustrator – Basics
Adobe Illustrator is an Adobe program that works in conjunction with many of the other Adobe Creative Cloud software products. Use Illustrator to create professional-looking “drawn” vector graphics for print or digital.
This hands-on course familiarizes students with the Illustrator environment and tools. It covers all you need to get started, regardless of your artistic ability. Use Illustrator to draw shapes and lines, create text and import graphics. Illustrator is the perfect program for creating logos.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for marketing professionals, web designers, publishers, pre-press professionals or those who need to use Adobe® Illustrator® CS6 to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, web icons or other graphic elements.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify the components and capabilities of Illustrator CC
- Create basic shapes
- Create custom paths
- Create graphics that contain custom text
- Customize objects
- Customize basic shapes
- Prepare documents for deployment
- Introduction to Illustrator® CC
- Creating documents containing basic shapes
- Creating graphics containing customized paths
- Creating graphics containing customized text
- Creating objects using photographs
- Customizing objects
- Customizing basic shapes
- Preparing documents for deployment
Experience using Windows operating system and familiarity with basic design terminology.
Please note that this course requires participants to have their own Adobe ID.
"Shelly was very engaged, informative and very supportive with the various skill levels of her students. She stayed within the coursework which she clearly outlined at the beginning of class, but also took the effort to add in additional bits of information that made Illustrator more manageable and achievable." — Participant, 2015