Family Mediation Certificate
Mediators help families move toward consensual and long-term agreement. Whether it is successfully navigating divorce, child custody or family businesses and estates, mediators play an important role in maintaining positive relationships. The Family Mediation Certificate strengthens the foundation of family mediation and focuses on developing conflict resolution skills that help you manage family disputes. The program meets the criteria for Wisconsin’s Act 355 mediating parenting plans and Wisconsin’s Association of Mediators Model Standards for Training. It received the approval of the Association for Conflict Resolution and is designed for individuals and attorneys seeking certification as well as psychologists looking for continuing education credit. Through our program, work with our field-tested instructor, Sue Bronson, to build your mediation skill set and work toward mediator certification.
This approved program offers CLEs and CEUs and meets the training standards required by Wisconsin Chapter 767. It is approved for the Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling & Social Worker accreditation through Chapter MPSW 19 – Wisconsin.
- Interpret the current research and literature on family conflict and evaluate its application to family mediation
- Apply conflict resolution skills to work toward mutual agreement of opposed parties
- Identify standards of practice and different ethical issues that commonly arise during mediation
- Outline mutually beneficial paths to reach conflict resolution with dignity and respect
- Compile resources and strategies to use when interacting with high-conflict personalities
- Work with community experts and mediators and use their firsthand knowledge to inform your mediation process
To get started, enroll in this intensive session. Earn the certificate by completing the full 40-hour, five-day program.
Date: Apr 7-13, 2021
Delivery Method: Combined Online
Date: Apr 7-14, 2021
Time: 8:30am-5pm CT
Available: Apr 7-13, 2021
Instructor: Sue Bronson MS
CEUs: 4.0, CEHs: 40, CLEs: 42.0
Enrollment Limit: 30
Program Number: 7740-13385
Note: Classes held April 7-9 & April 13-14
A link to access the online classroom will be emailed within a few weeks of the course start date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Registration Deadline: Apr 7, 2021