Family Mediation Certificate
Mediators help families move toward consensual and long-term agreement. Whether it is successfully navigating divorce, child custody or family businesses and estates, mediators play an important role in maintaining positive relationships. The Family Mediation Certificate strengthens the foundation of family mediation and focuses on developing conflict resolution skills that help you manage family disputes. The program meets the criteria for Wisconsin’s Act 355 mediating parenting plans and Wisconsin’s Association of Mediators Model Standards for Training. It received the approval of the Association for Conflict Resolution and is designed for individuals and attorneys seeking certification as well as psychologists looking for continuing education credit. Through our program, work with our field-tested instructor, Sue Bronson, to build your mediation skill set and work toward mediator certification.
This approved program offers CLEs and CEUs and meets the training standards required by Wisconsin Chapter 767. It is approved for the Marriage & Family Therapy, Counseling & Social Worker accreditation through Chapter MPSW 19 – Wisconsin.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Interpret the current research and literature on family conflict and evaluate its application to family mediation
- Apply conflict resolution skills to work toward mutual agreement of opposed parties
- Identify standards of practice and different ethical issues that commonly arise during mediation
- Outline mutually beneficial paths to reach conflict resolution with dignity and respect
- Compile resources and strategies to use when interacting with high-conflict personalities
- Work with community experts and mediators and use their firsthand knowledge to inform your mediation process
Sue Bronson – Mediation Instructor | UWM School of Continuing Education
Date: Attend March 25-27 and April 6-7 to complete the certificate
Location: UWM School of Continuing Education
Instructor: Sue Bronson MS
CEUs: 4, CLEs: 42, CEUs:
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 7740-12511
Note: Class meets March 25-27 and April 6-7, 2020.
Registration Deadline: Wed., Mar. 25, 2020