EMDR Therapy Basic Training Certificate
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is a comprehensive psychotherapy that accelerates the treatment of many different pathologies and trauma related to disturbing events and present life conditions. This two-part experiential training is approved by The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) and includes 20 hours of lecture, 20 hours of supervised practice and 10 hours of consultations. Complemented by an empirically tested method, EMDR therapy is compatible with all contemporary clinical paradigms including psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, experimental and systemic approaches. In this program, you work with our EMDRIA-approved instructor, Wendy Freitag, to earn your EMDR Therapy Basic Training Certificate.
- Identify the parameters where EMDR therapy is effectively implemented
- Define various criteria for client selection and then apply them to example cases
- List safety measures for effective and ethical use of EMDR therapy
- Outline the phases of a comprehensive EMDR therapy plan
- Predict common problems that can arise while practicing EMDR therapy
- Evaluate strategies for dealing with highly emotional client responses
- Describe protocols for closing down incomplete therapy sessions
- Identify resources to use with difficult or resistant clients
To get started, enroll in the EMDR Therapy Basic Training. Earn the certificate by completing both parts of the training and participating in group consultation work.
Date: August 20, 21, 22 & October 29, 30, 31, 2021.
Delivery Method: Live Online
Instructor: Wendy Freitag PhD
Enrollment Limit: 25
Program Number: 7750-13908
Note: Class meets: August 20, 21, 22 and October 29, 30, 31, 2021.
Registration Deadline: Aug 18
Earn your certificate and showcase your achievement with a distinctive digital badge.