Office of Learning Assessment
The Office of Learning Assessment supports UWM faculty and instructional staff in the most essential work of the university: helping students learn.
Learning assessment provides teachers with meaningful information about student learning and experiences in their programs and courses that can help them identify strengths and weaknesses in their curricula, make continuous improvements, and engage with stakeholders across campus and beyond.
- The systematic and ongoing examination of student learning and experience in relation to institutional, program, or course goals.
- Faculty-driven: faculty determine what students should learn, how to gather evidence of that learning, how to interpret findings, and how to respond to them.
- A crucial source of information for faculty, planners and decision-makers across campus, enabling a process of continuous improvement toward program and institutional goals.
UWM Assessment Information and Resource Pages:
Other sources of information about UWM Assessment:
- UW System Board of Regents Policy on Assessment: https://www.wisconsin.edu/regents/policies/accreditation-and-assessment-of-student-learning/
- Student Affairs Assessment:
- Office of Assessment and Institutional Research (OAIR):
- UWM DataHub: https://uwm.edu/datahub/
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) Course Assessment Resources:
For more information, or to request a consultation with your department or program on assessment issues, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.