Online Program Council
UWM’s Online Program Council is a network of faculty, staff, and administrators who are currently involved in the planning, implementation, and delivery of online degrees or certificates. Membership is composed of one or more representatives from every online degree or certificate program at UWM, as well as other faculty and staff interested in online programming. The Council is sponsored by the Provost’s Office, and is not a governance body. The Council co-chairs are currently Laura Pedrick and Diane Reddy.
The Council has three primary objectives:
- Function as a community of practice to encourage adoption of best practices in online teaching and learning.
- Facilitate sharing of information about online program development and delivery with respect to topics such as: student orientation and support, faculty development, technology, pricing, marketing and recruitment, etc.
- Share expertise and provide peer support for faculty, staff, and administrators exploring new online programs
The Online Program Council will meet twice a semester during the 2020-21 academic year, using Teams. The next OPC meeting will be a Teams meeting held on Friday, April 9, 2021 from 10:30 a.m.– noon. Meetings are open to all. If you haven’t attended an OPC meeting in the past, please email Laura Pedrick for a meeting invitation.
2020-21 Online Program Council Meeting Schedule*
April 9, 2021: 10:30 a.m.-Noon
- Marketing a new program launch (featuring the online MS in Computer Science)
- OBTP Commons with exemplars for engaging and supporting online students
- An update on the UDOIT accessibility tool
- A new data report on online enrollment nationally and in Wisconsin
- New DOIT accessibility feature
- New programs in the pipeline
- Quality tools for online instruction
- Research on minority students’ experience of online learning
- Group discussion on COVID-19 and online programs
- Fall 2020 UWM Online update
*Meetings will be held on Teams
2020-21 Online Program Council Video Recordings
How to Join
Contact Laura Pedrick if you would like to receive more information or join the Online Program Council listserv.