Veterans Career Advantage
Whether you’re transitioning from a long career within the military, making a career change or building skills, it is important to understand how to translate a lifetime of development within a specific skill set to civilian employment. This course prompts military veterans to examine their experience and understand the unique challenges related to job seeking for veterans, military and their families. This course focuses on career planning and skills development, such as resume writing and improving interviewing skills, for those seeking employment. You’ll hear from other veterans about their own experiences along the way.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
• Employ a goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities.
• Identify key skill areas from military service to apply to the civilian job market.
• Define and determine a personal brand and leverage social media during the job search.
• Understand and identify networking strategies and skills for veterans aged 50-plus.
• Learn career advancement strategies directly from other veterans and hiring managers, including practical tips and stories of successful job seekers.
• Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter.
• Translate military service accomplishments into clear, accessible language.
• Identify resources for further career development and entrepreneurial education and training.
• Understand skills and resources to effectively manage change and career transitions.
• Badge and credit-awarding
• Fully accessible
• Games & flashcards
• Video content
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
"“This is a great course…and not just for 50 year olds or older.”" — Shonda M.