Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations
Analyze a nonprofit’s strategy and how it helps the organization fulfill its mission. Designed for learners with a basic understanding of business concepts.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for adults seeking to gain a basic understanding of strategy for a nonprofit organization. This workshop is best suited for learners with a basic understanding of business concepts.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define strategy
- Explain the basics of strategy in a nonprofit context
- Describe the strategic planning process and how different approaches may be taken by different organizations
- Discuss how mission statements are constructed
- Explain how budgets and capital budgets interrelate with nonprofit strategic planning
- Describe the success factors for strategic planning
- Recognize the need for contingency planning
This workshop is self-paced and online. You have access to this workshop for 30 days. Upon successful completion, you receive a University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, School of Continuing Education completion verification.
Learners must score an average test score of at least 70 percent to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.