Social Media for Nonprofits
Be introduced to the use of social media in communicating, marketing, public relations and fundraising for nonprofits. This workshop explores the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers and donors.
The workshop employs case studies, interactive exercises and video commentary from nonprofit management experts to engage learners.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is intended for adults seeking to gain a basic understanding of utilizing social media in a nonprofit setting.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the importance of social media to nonprofits for communicating, marketing, public relations and fundraising
- Explain how social media can be used to better engage a nonprofit’s audience
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- Discuss the costs involved in social media
- Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit
- Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communicating messages and in fundraising
- Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit
- Apply your understanding of the social media environment to case studies
This workshop has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.