Perhaps you have been in charge of your finances since you started working an after-school job in high school or maybe you are suddenly feeling overwhelmed with allocating the salary from your first job out of college. No matter what your financial situation is, it is important to understand how to handle your money. This course familiarizes you with the basics of budgeting, credit, saving and investing.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Manage your personal finances confidently.
- Explain what a budget is.
- Understand why budgeting is important.
- Set financial goals.
- Create a budget.
- Identify how to eliminate needless expenses.
- Monitor and adjust your budget as necessary.
- Have a grasp of what credit is and how to improve yours.
- Utilize different methods for saving money and covering expenses.
- Understand the investment options available to you.