Perhaps you have been in charge of your finances since you started working an after-school job in high school or maybe you are suddenly feeling overwhelmed with allocating the salary from your first job out of college. No matter what your financial situation is, it is important to understand how to handle your money. This course familiarizes you with the basics of budgeting, credit, saving and investing.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Manage your personal finances confidently.
- Explain what a budget is.
- Understand why budgeting is important.
- Set financial goals.
- Create a budget.
- Identify how to eliminate needless expenses.
- Monitor and adjust your budget as necessary.
- Have a grasp of what credit is and how to improve yours.
- Utilize different methods for saving money and covering expenses.
- Understand the investment options available to you.