Nonprofit Skills: Fundraising for Board Members
This course provides an overview of the knowledge and skills required for effective nonprofit fundraising for board members. Topics covered include the key fundraising roles and responsibilities of nonprofit boards along with best practices to support various types of fundraising. The role of the development committee, board giving, and board fundraising engagement are also discussed. Tips for networking, asking for support and maintaining lasting relationships with donors are provided. You also gain an understanding of how to develop the plans and policies that nonprofit board members use to oversee fundraising and learn about ways to maintain high ethical standards for the organization.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Explain the role of the board in nonprofit fundraising.
- Describe different skills board members use to support fundraising efforts.
- Explain how to manage board giving and keep board members engaged in fundraising.
- Describe how to build and lead a strong development committee.
- List best practices for different types of fundraising.
- Describe how board members can develop a fundraising plan for their organization.
- List ways to maintain strong donor relationships.
- Explain how board members can prevent ethical lapses related to fundraising.
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games and flashcards
- Video content
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.