Introduction to Nonprofit Management
Learn management best practices for leading a nonprofit organization, and gain an understanding of the nonprofit sector and the issues that leaders face in this exciting and growing field. You will also study the major areas of responsibility for nonprofit leaders, including strategy, managing employees, fundraising, grant writing, board governance, marketing and social media.
This course can be applied to the Introductory Nonprofit Certificate.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for adults seeking to gain a basic understanding of nonprofit management.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the purpose and structure of the nonprofit sector
- Describe the governance of nonprofits, including the types of boards and the relationship between boards and executive directors
- Explain how nonprofits establish their vision and strategic direction
- Describe the nonprofit leadership role and what it entails
- Discuss servant leadership
- Outline key ethical issues faced by nonprofits
- Discuss how nonprofits managers handle staff and volunteers
- Outline the key financial issues facing nonprofits
- Describe the key legal issues facing nonprofits
- Discuss the importance of marketing and communication for a nonprofit
- Explain the basics of nonprofit fundraising
- Outline the grant writing process
- Discuss the growing importance of social media for nonprofits
- Define and explain social entrepreneurship and social innovation
- Outline methods for assessing nonprofit performance
- Discuss trends impacting nonprofits now and in the future
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Date: Open enrollment – Register anytime
Delivery Method: On-Demand Online
Instructor: Online Expert Instruction
Enrollment Limit: 100
Program Number: 7350-14893
Registration Deadline: June 30