Fast Company: Personal Growth
Today’s professionals are under an increasing amount of pressure to be able to “do it all,” which can lead to unhealthy amounts of stress and a decrease in motivation and self-confidence. This course aims to help you combat those struggles by focusing on the skills that can help you grow in both your professional and personal lives. It looks at the importance of soft skills – such as time management, organization and communication – in the modern workplace and provides practical tips for creative problem solving, goal setting, stress management, time management and clear communication. It also considers how adaptability and authenticity can impact personal growth.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Fast Company ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 8 issues a year.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify the importance of soft skills in the modern workforce.
- Distinguish between the growth mindset and the fixed mindset.
- Use creativity as a tool for problem solving.
- Develop personal creativity.
- Handle difficult situations by adapting and being flexible.
- Identify and set goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound.
- Consider the influence of personality types on goal setting and achievement.
- Explore time management strategies, including prioritizing and creating action plans.
- Identify the habits of organized people.
- Improve your oral communication skills
- Practice authenticity in the workplace
- Develop and maintain a healthy amount of self-confidence
- Apply stress management techniques when feeling overwhelmed