Fast Company: Design Thinking
In today’s competitive marketplace, companies must come up with innovative solutions to everyday challenges. The design thinking approach can be an effective tool for organizations looking for practical and creative ways to solve problems. This course examines the benefits of design thinking and presents strategies for generating innovative products and ideas that can set an organization apart from its competitors. It highlights real-world examples of design thinking applications across several different industries. It considers accessible design and looks at methods for testing ideas.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Fast Company ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 8 issues a year.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Define design thinking.
- Examine the benefits of design thinking.
- Explore creative problem-solving strategies.
- Explore strategies for encouraging innovative thinking.
- Consider the benefits of accessible design.
- Identify techniques for generating ideas.
- Explore ways to jump-start innovation.
- Identify methods for testing ideas.
- Examine the elements of product design.
- Identify ways to encourage creative thought in the workplace.
- Explore the elements of good web design.
- Consider the pros and cons of A/B testing.
Date: Open enrollment – Register anytime
Delivery Method: On-Demand Online
Instructor: Online Expert Instruction
Enrollment Limit: 100
Program Number: 7820-14914
Registration Deadline: June 30