Current Trends in Nonprofit Management
To effectively manage a nonprofit organization, leaders need to be aware of the current trends, challenges and best practices that are shaping the sector. This course provides an overview of the key topics that are the focus of today’s nonprofit leaders. You learn about the ways in which the nonprofit sector is changing as well as some new approaches to leadership, strategic planning, marketing and fundraising. You will also explore how nonprofits can grow, sustain themselves in challenging times and utilize data and technology to improve their performance and assess their progress.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Describe ways in which the nonprofit sector is changing.
- Explain how nonprofits can foster diversity and inclusion.
- Outline strategies for managing change and uncertainty.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of diversifying nonprofit revenue streams
- List key revenue streams for today’s nonprofit organizations.
- Describe some of the current best practices for online marketing.
- Outline the role of data in measuring performance.
- Describe how nonprofit organizations can collect and use data.
- List some of the key factors that make a nonprofit sustainable in the long term.
- Learn how nonprofits are projected to change in the future.