Certified Emergency Managers AEM®/CEM® Prep Course (U.S. version)
The AEM®/CEM® Prep Course was designed in partnership with the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) for emergency management professionals seeking the AEM or CEM credential. The course walks you through submitting an application, offers essay writing tips and reviews key terms and concepts that may appear on the AEM/CEM exam. You can check your understanding throughout the course with interactive games, review checkpoints and exams. Certified Emergency Managers provide expert commentary, using their knowledge and experience to guide you through the course. Plus, you can gauge your exam readiness with two full-length practice exams, which mirror the real AEM/CEM exam.
Please note that this course cannot be used to meet the AEM/CEM emergency management or general management training requirements at this time.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Assess eligibility for either credential and begin preparing an application.
- Solidify foundational knowledge of emergency management concepts.
- Recognize how laws and authorities shape emergency management.
- Identify key activities that occur during each phase of emergency management.
- Explain the components of emergency program management.