Advanced Grant Writing
Pushing your grant writing skills to the next level is an exercise in focusing on the details. This course shows you how to ask iterative questions of yourself, your team and your proposed program in order to sharpen and refine your grant proposal and move it to the top of the pack. By looking closely at how a logic model can shore up your proposal at each key stage, this course demonstrates how to push your planning, evaluation and budgeting from good to great.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible, usually within 24 hours.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the relationship between logic model components in effective grant program planning
- Assess the level of detail required in a grant planning timeline
- Differentiate between formative and summative evaluations in a grant program’s evaluation plan
- Choose common line items in a grant program’s budget plan
- Determine the level of detail required in a grant program’s budget
- Decide when a no-cost extension request is warranted
- Evaluate post-award sustainability throughout a grant program’s planning
- Real-world case studies
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games and flashcards
- Video content
- Audio-enabled in app
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
You must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.