Ace Your Job Search
This introductory-level course helps you craft a resume that is targeted, elegant and effective. It continues on to cover interviewing skills, focusing on interview preparation and the five stages of the interview process. Finally, the course helps you formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions.
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Recognize key career development questions to ask before beginning a job search.
- Employ a written goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities.
- Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter.
- Develop a more effective resume.
- Develop a more effective cover letter.
- Identify the five stages of the interview process.
- Conduct industry and company research efficiently using web-based resources.
- Brainstorm potential interview questions and answers.
- Understand what constitutes a good answer in the mind of a hiring manager.
- Anticipate some of the most common interview questions.
- Explain to a hiring manager how the past successes represented on your resume will translate to future success in your desired position.
- Recognize whether a job aligns with your career objectives.