Solution-Focused Business Professional Certificate
Problem-solving methods that are proven and effective are integral to creating positive change within an organization. The Solution-Focused Business Professional (SFBP) Certificate focuses on learning and adopting tools of the Solution-Focused (SF) approach. Pioneered by Marc McKergow, the SF method allows managers, coaches, consultants and facilitators to enhance their skill sets to build on what is working rather than fixing what isn’t. Using this powerful and pragmatic approach, you work directly with Dr. McKergow to address real-world problems specific to your organization’s needs. Following this 16-week online program, you achieve a full understanding of the SF method and use it to address situations that all business professionals face.
After enrollment, you will receive an email approximately one week prior to the start date of the class with instructions on how to access the online course. As an instructor-facilitated, online asynchronous course, you are required to have routine access to high-speed internet. Additionally, a recent version of Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with a course DVD and textbook are required. The course includes weekly assignments that follow stated deadlines. Upon completion, your certificate will be mailed to you within two weeks after the last day of class.
Who Should Attend
Managers, Coaches, Consultants and Facilitators
Benefits and Learning Outcomes
- Identify different types of problems and assess how best to apply SF methods
- Formulate a robust methodology to address problems in an individual, team and organizational context
- Develop your coaching and managerial skills by emphasizing the six SF principles
- Evaluate your current workplace projects using the SF approach
- Create a strategy to implement real, positive change in a wide range of work settings
- Demonstrate your solution building in one-on-one and group settings