Trauma Counseling Certificate
It’s estimated that 70 percent of adults in the United States have experienced a traumatic event at least once in their lives. This can take many forms including abuse, natural disasters, war, terrorism or violent encounters. The Trauma Counseling Certificate helps you provide better care for those you serve. Beginning with a detailed exploration of what defines trauma, then moving to assessing current methods of interventions and applications, this two-course online program builds a strong foundation of knowledge in both the theoretical and practical aspects of trauma counseling.
- Define traumatic experiences, their causes and their long-term effects on physical and emotional health
- Use professional literature to explain traumatic events among different populations and cultures
- Evaluate assessment and diagnostic tools related to the impacts of trauma
- Identify the effects of working with trauma survivors on yourself, supporters, practitioners and clinicians
- Assess immediate and long-term approaches to trauma interventions
- Analyze the limitations and boundaries of therapy and the role of specialized providers
To get started, enroll in the first of two online courses, Trauma Counseling I: Understanding Trauma and Providing Trauma-Informed Care. Earn this certificate by completing Trauma Counseling I and II within 18 months.
For information on the course format, view the session information on the selected course page.
|Trauma Counseling I: Understanding Trauma and Providing Trauma-Informed Care|
|Trauma Counseling II: Assessment, Interventions and Applications in Trauma Treatment|
Earn your certificate and showcase your achievement with a distinctive digital badge.