Your UWM experience should be an adventure. Get out and explore all that UWM and Milwaukee has to offer, from campus life to local favorites. Finish the list? Receive a free T-shirt. What will you check off first?
- Attend a Fall Welcome event to kick off the academic year.
- Stargaze at the UWM Manfred Olson Planetarium.
- Volunteer at Make a Difference Day (formerly RAK-A-Thon), MLK Jr. Day of Service, or the Hunger Clean Up.
- Get your photo taken with Pounce.
- Join one of UWM’s 300+ student organizations.
- Attend the Distinguished Lecture Series.
- Visit the Milwaukee County Zoo and its 3,000 animals.
- Soak up the sun on Spaights Plaza.
- Vote for your student leaders in the Student Association election.
- Check out the Milwaukee Art Museum, it’s free the first Thursday of the month.
- Take a trip with Outdoor Pursuits.
- Eat at Oakland Gyros, an East Side landmark.
- Participate in or volunteer at the Panther Prowl, UWM’s annual 5K run/walk.
- Sit in a sunburst chair and enjoy the view at Colectivo Coffee Lakefront.
- Close your eyes in the Fireside Lounge, known as UWM’s quietest nap spot.
- Attend PANTHERFEST.
- Enroll in a fitness class, or use the facilities at the Klotsche Center.
- Witness the cross-town rivalry at a UWM vs. Marquette soccer or basketball game.
- Attend the annual UWM Drag Show.
- Eat at the Kenwood Inn, located on the third floor of the Student Union.
- Grab a slice at Ian’s Pizza on North Avenue.
- Play a game of volleyball or catch some rays at Bradford Beach, Milwaukee’s largest public beach.
- Cheer on the Milwaukee Panthers men’s basketball team at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena.
- Attend a competition for one of the 14 other Panther varsity athletic teams.
- Eat some popcorn and catch a movie at the Union Cinema.
- Attend one of the 300+ performances at the Peck School of the Arts.
- Wear UWM apparel to class and show your Panther Pride.
- Attend one of Milwaukee’s many festivals.
- Check out the student artwork at the Union Art Gallery’s Annual Juried Exhibition.
- Challenge friends to bowling, billiards, or ping pong at the Union Rec Center.
- Attend Jazz in the Park, Milwaukee’s favorite free outdoor, summer music series.
- Eat lunch by the fountain outside of Curtin Hall.
- Root for the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park.
- Take a ride with Be On the Safe Side (BOSS).
- Enjoy a meal and check out Team Night Trivia or a performer in the Gasthaus.
- Listen to our share your own spoken word poetry at Lyrical Sanctuary, UWM’s monthly open mic night.
- Visit the Milwaukee Public Market in the Historic Third Ward.
- Find the North Point Light Station in Lake Park.
- Find your favorite Milwaukee Friday Fish Fry. (Most offer non-fish options too!)
- Meet the Chancellor.
- Try some of Milwaukee’s famous frozen custard.
- Walk through Downer Woods, UWM’s 11.1 acre preserved nature area.
- Attend a UWM graduation ceremony (other than your own).
- Visit the Career Planning and Resource Center or attend one of the many career fairs.
- Dance the night away For the Kids at Dance Marathon.
- Donate blood or volunteer at a Campus Blood Drive.
- Make something in the Studio Arts and Crafts Centre.
- See an outdoor movie under the stars. (We recommend Fish Fry and a Flick)
- Head down to the Milwaukee River Walk and take a photo with the Bronze Fonz.
- Run, walk, or bike the Oak Leaf or Hank Aaron State Trails.
- Get a cup of coffee or tea at the student-run 8th Note Coffeehouse.
- Take a class that interests you and has nothing to do with your major.
- Find the perfect study spot at the Golda Meir Library.
- Make snow angels on campus.
- See the city of Milwaukee by boat.
- Choose your own adventure.**
**Choose Your Own Adventure Option – Don’t feel like doing something on the list? You may opt to substitute up to three UWM bucket list items with a UWM campus or Milwaukee challenge of your choice. (As long as it is legal/ethical, of course).**
Complete all 56 items on this list, and bring your pictures, ticket stubs, etc. to Student Involvement (Union 363) for an “I Completed the UWM Bucket List” T-shirt!
Bucket List Bonus!
Take the Bucket List Abroad! Send us your picture with Pounce at a must-visit place at your study abroad locale and we will post it on our web site!
Graduate! – Show us your completed Bucket List and your graduation announcement and we will give you a sticker to wear on your cap at commencement.
Why 56 Things?
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee was created in 1956. The UWM Bucket List was developed in 2012, 56 years from UWM’s founding date. 56 things seems appropriate, don’t you think?
UWM Bucket List FAQs[faq cat=”uwm-bucket-list-faq” showtitle=”true”]
You should also take a look at the UW Milwaukee Freebies and Discounts Guide for more deals and freebies in Milwaukee!