Forms Checklist and Links

Use this checklist to ensure that you have completed and delivered all Graduate School and Department of English forms to the proper recipients. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all forms are completed correctly and in a timely manner. Questions regarding the proper use of forms can be directed to the Graduate School (Graduate School forms only) and the Graduate Program Manager (all forms).

Forms from the Graduate School are indicated below with the letters “GS.” Most of the GS forms are available online at: The GS Doctoral Milestones system is available at:

Most multipart forms (paper forms) are no longer available from the Graduate School.

Forms from the Department of English are noted with the letters “ENG.” Paper copies of these forms are no longer available in the Graduate Studies Office, CRT 422.

    1. General Information
    2. Special Emphasis
    3. Master’s Program
    4. Doctoral Program
    5. Other
      • Change of Address [.pdf] (Instructions for Teaching Assistants, Research Assistants and Project Assistants on how to file a change of address with the Payroll Office)
      • Graduate Assistant Justification Form [.pdf]  (GS – Used when Teaching Assistants, Research Assistants and Project Assistants must register for reduced credit loads, as in the case of illness, for example. This form is NOT needed when registering for the 1 credit prelim semester.)

Note: There are other forms at the Graduate School for which you might find a need. Find those at the Graduate School web address noted above.

See also: 


  1. In all cases, please read the forms carefully. The GS forms have a numbered sequence that MUST be followed. Failure to do so could result in the delay of processing the application and delay in your receipt of the status or consideration for which the form was designed.
    Because of the volume of forms received, GS forms may take up to two weeks to process. It is therefore best to plan ahead if you must utilize GS forms.
  2. ENG forms can generally be processed quickly, but plan ahead nonetheless.
  3. Contact the Graduate Program Manager in Curtin Hall 422 if you have questions.