Students in English programs will:
1. Read literary works, media texts, and other cultural objects critically, and support interpretive claims with appropriate evidence.
2. Communicate effectively, persuasively, and/or artistically, with multiple and diverse audiences.
3. Expand their cross-cultural perspectives in relation to diverse populations, both historical and contemporary.
4. Analyze texts with consideration of socio-cultural, historical, and other formative contexts.
5. Develop research practices that are grounded in sound theoretical frames and historical backgrounds.