2016-17 English Department Travel Guidelines for Graduate Students
To support professional development, the department will provide funding up to $250 for research or travel to major conferences at which you present. Please direct all travel questions to Brooke Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kathy Doering-Kilkenny (email@example.com).
Please go to UW TravelWIse for all UW System travel and reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Prior to travel
- Submit justification for travel (acceptance letter, abstract, or description) to Brooke Barker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Create a Travel Authorization. Preferred method: in UW TravelWIse, log in at “e-reimbursement”, then click on “create travel authorization”. You may also use the paper Travel Authorization Form. In In addition, submit a completed paper L&S Travel Authorization Request to Kathy or Brooke.
- After travel
- File a Travel Expense Report via e-reimbursement (mandatory: no more paper TERs) within 90 days of travel completion. Make sure to attach all required documentation, including scans of the completed paper authorization form (if used). University employees are reimbursed via direct deposit.
- To be reimbursed, airline tickets must be booked via the UW TravelWIse
- Driver authorization and background check (7 days’ prior) is required for reimbursement of mileage.
- Use of US Bank Travel Card (T-card) is recommended, but not required.
- Use of the Department P-Card is not permitted for travel-related expenses.
- Additional Funding Sources: UWM Graduate School Travel Award.
- University conduct rules apply.