Report It!

Reporting Incidents and Concerns

For emergencies or imminent threats, contact the UWM Police by calling 9-911 from a campus phone or 414-229-9911 from a cell phone.

Reportit is a comprehensive reporting system developed to help individuals promptly share concerns, inappropriate behaviors, or activities that may pose a risk to the health or safety of our community. Members may also report incidents of misconduct or inappropriate behavior. Non-emergency misconduct or concerns can be reported by completing one of the incident reports below or contacting the Dean of Students Office (DOS) at 229-4632 or The following reports can be submitted electronically through this site:

Don’t worry about choosing the wrong form, your report will be given to the correct office/person regardless which one you fill out.




Sexual Violence

For incidents involving sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking

If you were assaulted see Norris Health Center and University Counseling and Health Promotion 414-229-4716, or Aurora Healing and Advocacy Services 414-219-5555 for resources and assistance.  Additional information can be found at: Sexual Assault Awareness.

Use this form to report domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking incidents. Federal and state laws require faculty and staff to report any sexual assaults they are made aware of, regardless of the location. Once the report is received, a University staff member will investigate the incident. Please know that you and any other person identified in the report, might be contacted to provide further information.

Online reporting form

Note: Information gathered from the Sexual Violence Reporting Form will not result in a police investigation. If you want to report a crime to law enforcement, please call UWMPD 229-4627 or stop by the police station at 3410 N Maryland Ave.

University employees who are not willing or unable to use the online form and need to report an sexual violence incident may print out the following form:

Print reporting form (PDF)

The University has confidential resources available to assist students in distress:
Norris Health Center and University Counseling and Health Promotion, 414-229-4716,

Below are some additional campus resources available to assist students in distress:
Dean of Students Office, 414-229-4632,
University Housing, 414-229-6123,
University Police, 414-229-4627,



The CARE Network

The Dean of Students supports all campus community members through the operation of two campus committees: The Campus Assessment, Response, and Education Team (CARE) and the Student Support Team.  The CARE and Student Support Teams act proactively to identify, assess, manage, and reduce potentially harmful or threatening behavior.

CARE Team: receives reports and assesses the threatening behavior exhibited by individuals who may pose a risk to the UWM community. If you notice behavior that is disruptive, intimidating, physically threatening, harassing, or dangerous submit a report.

Student Support Team: helps identify students who appear to be in distress and provides supportive intervention and guidance. If notice a change in student behavior that could be the result of a wide range of issues that can cause barriers to learning, such as strained relationships, increased anxiety, alcohol/drug problems, financial difficulties, depression, and difficulty concentrating and/or lack of motivation submit a report.

When in doubt please report an incident. To submit a report regarding harmful or concerning behavior, click on the link below.

CARE Network report



Student Conduct

The Wisconsin uniform student code of conduct also helps to identify the expectations of student members of the community.  The Dean of Students manages the process for violations of the student code of conduct and other applicable policies. To Submit a report regarding student misconduct, choose one of the following:

Academic Integrity report
Nonacademic Misconduct report

The University strives to create a positive, safe, and healthy environment for all of its students. If you have questions about how to report an incident, please contact contact the Dean of Students Office at 414-229-4632 or



Complaints, Grievances, and Appeals

The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is committed to addressing student complaints and grievances. Students are encouraged to discuss their complaints directly with the person(s) or department responsible. This form is to be used when students have been unable to satisfactorily resolve their complaint with the faculty, staff, students or others involved. Every effort will be made to respond to the complaint in an appropriate manner.

To Submit a report regarding complaints, grievances, and appeals, click on the following link:

Complaints, Grievances, and Appeals