Inclusive Environment Team
The Inclusive Environment Team is comprised of 6 members: Becky Freer, Chair (Dean of Students Office), Kelly Ball (Student Learning, Assessment, and Planning), Olivia Clifton (Inclusive Excellence Center), Nanis Rodriguez (Student Involvement), Adrienne Birkholz (University Housing), and Clarence Kinnard (Student Association & Student). The team is humbled and excited to guide the Division of Student Affairs in a reflective and action-oriented initiative where we examine our services and operations to identify areas where we can make changes to better serve students.
The implementation of this initiative will be staggered. The 28 units in the Division will be split into 5 cohorts with each cohort beginning at a different point over the next 2 years. Unit heads will will be consulted about when their unit will launch. The first Cohort is launching in October 2020.
The team is committed to providing a structured and smooth process so units can focus their attention on engaging in deep work to make our campus more inclusive. Here is a brief overview of the process. The team will:
- Meet with unit heads to schedule workshop and identify participants.
- Introduce process, share key concepts, and engage in discussions.
- Lead units through the inventory.
- Assist units in identifying initiatives to focus on.
- Implementation plans
- Guide units in identifying action steps and timelines to implement initiatives.
- Assist units in identifying promising practices, models, partners, and key stakeholders.
- Guide units to evaluate the success of their initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support to units throughout the process and maintain records of all initiatives.
Units will use this tool to help them identify ares to focus on. Though the Inclusive Environment Team will will guide each unit through a structured process, we don’t want to delay good work from happening. Units can review the Inclusive Environment Inventory anytime and start getting to work.
Unit-level Inclusive Environment Inventory.
***Additional Resources will be added to this site throughout the Fall 2020 semester.***