The UWM Dean of Students engages in an on-going strategic thinking process. Strategic themes guide priorities within the Dean of Students Office. Each semester, action items are reviewed for alignment. Biannually, the strategic themes are reviewed and updated.
2022-2024 Strategic Themes
- Student Engagement. Increase connections with students to understand their needs and concerns, advocate for their success and wellbeing, and help UWM be a safe and inclusive environment.
- Community Outreach. Increase connections within UWM and the community to support student success and wellbeing.
- Processes and Systems. Advocate for student-friendly UWM processes and systems.
- Assessment. Focus on strategic assessment to support continuous improvement, engage in equity-minded practices and share students’ experiences.
- Culture. Embody and advance a culture of excellence, inclusion, accountability, compassion, and support.