All emergency grant awards have been distributed for 2017-2018. The application will not be available until the start of the Fall 2018 semester.
Are you a current UWM undergraduate student dealing with unforeseen expenses?
Is this financial emergency making it difficult for you to stay in college?
Students may apply for a UWM Emergency Grant to help cover expenses related to an unforeseen financial emergency. The UWM Emergency Grant is not intended to support ongoing or recurring expenses. Students seeking to apply for the grant will meet with a Dean of Students Office staff member who will review their circumstances and help identify potential campus and community resources to support them in their continued success at UWM. Students who are awarded this grant may be required to participate in follow-up meetings with a DOS staff member.
The number of recipients and amount of funding provided will be determined by the Dean of Students Office. Generally the Dean of Students Office will disburse funds directly to a third party for students who are provided a UWM Emergency Grant, in some cases grant funds may be given to students in the form of a gift card. In most cases, funds will be available within 2 business days.
The UWM Emergency Grant can be used to cover unforeseen expenses such as:
- Medical/Dental Expenses
- Personal Automobile Expenses
UWM Emergency Grant funds cannot be used to cover:
- Entertainment Expenses
- Credit Card Bills
- Legal Fees
If you are unsure if you meet the eligibility criteria, contact the Dean of Students Office at 414-229-4632 or email@example.com to discuss your situation.
UWM Emergency Grant recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a degree granting program
- Complete the FAFSA for the 2017-2018 school year and have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $7000 or less
- Provide documentation of the financial emergency
- To receive the grant faster, attach supporting documents when you apply
- Examples include: car repair estimates, medical bills, lease agreements, childcare bills, etc.
- Have never received a UWM Emergency Grant before
Do you meet these criteria? Undergraduate students can apply for the UWM Emergency Grant at uwm.dreamkeepers.org