Thursdays from 10am – 2pm
Library, Classroom A
ANNOUNCEMENT: Location Change
The UWM Food Center and Pantry (FCP) is relocating to the UWM Library during the Summer 2022 term while the Student Union undergoes renovations. During the summer term, the FCP will only be open on Thursdays.
How to access the UWM Food Center and Pantry
- Line up outside of Library, Classroom A.
- Check in.
- Provide the volunteer your active UWM email or UWM ID. If your email is not active, you will not be able to use the FCP.
- Grab a bag and pick items you would like.
- You are permitted to use the pantry once a week.
Other pantries in the Milwaukee area:
Want to help support the UWM Food Center & Pantry?
- Our Amazon Wishlist: From time to time we’ll be posting high need items on our social media, but the most straightforward way to order is through Amazon! You can use our wishlist, or just order from your own Amazon account and have it delivered to 2200 E Kenwood Blvd., ATTN: Food Center & Pantry, Milwaukee, WI 53211.
- Donate through the UWM Foundation: Head to UWM.edu/give, click “Give Now”, select “View All Giving Opportunities” and search “Food.” This ensures your donation goes directly to us!
- Volunteer with us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for our current volunteer shifts.
- Learn more about how to support the FCP with our FCP Partnership Packet!
Addressing Food Insecurity Among College Students
During Fall 2016, the Student Association (SA) conducted a campus wide survey addressing food insecurity. From those survey results (see here), we learned that roughly 50% of UWM students report not having enough food to eat. For some, this might seem like a surprising statistic, but for half of the UWM student population, this is their reality.
Our mission is to ensure that the entire UWM community has access to nutritious food and key necessities in a welcoming and educational space. We collect demographic information and a variety of other data to improve processes and ensure that it is equitable, inclusive and accessible to meet the needs of the UWM diverse student population.
Fresh Picks Mobile Market
We have begun hosting the Hunger Task Force Fresh Picks Mobile Market, which offers fresh produce, meat, and dairy items at a discount. The market accepts debit cards, credit cards and Quest EBT. The Fresh Picks Mobile Market visits UWM the first Thursday of every month.
If you have questions, please email UWM Food Center and Pantry at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook!