Fall 2023 Hours and Location:
To make an appointment, please use the links below. If the links are not posted, they will be posted no later than the Monday before open hours. Please note, students are permitted ONE slot per person. Please do not sign up for multiple, friends will need to sign themselves up. Signups with more than one slot will be removed for others to use. Students are permitted to use the pantry once per week, so please only sign up for one timeslot and one day. Please make sure you are attending during your scheduled appointment time and arrive at the correct time- you will not be able to use the pantry early and we cannot guarantee space will be available if you miss your appointment. Fall hours will begin on September 5th, 2023. We are located on the ground floor of the Student Union, along Maryland Avenue.
Tuesdays: 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM (by appointment only) Open to the Public: 10/3/23 UWM Food Pantry Open Hours Sign Up (signupgenius.com)
Wednesdays: 2 PM to 5:30 PM (by appointment only) Open to the Public: 10/4/23 UWM Food Pantry Open Hours Sign Up (signupgenius.com)
Thursdays: 4 PM to 6 PM
Fridays: 8 AM to 1 PM
How to access the UWM Food Center and Pantry
- Check in at the desk.
- Provide the volunteer your active UWM email or UWM ID. If your email is not active, you will not be able to use the UWM Food Center & Pantry.
- Grab a bag and pick items you would like. All patrons are limited to 1 bag per visit.
- You are permitted to use the pantry once a week.
Other pantries in the Milwaukee area:
Fresh Picks Mobile Market:
The Hunger Task Force Fresh Picks Mobile Market offers fresh produce, meat, and dairy items at a discount. The market accepts debit cards, credit cards and Quest EBT. The Fresh Picks Mobile Market visits various locations throughout the Milwaukee Area. Check out their calendar to find a location near you.
Food Share (SNAP):
College students who meet certain criteria are eligible for Food Share. Students can apply on the Wisconsin Access site. Students must be at least 1/2 time enrolled and meet one of the following criteria:
- be either eligible for work study (whether or not you are employed), or
- have an expected family contribution (EFC) of $0. This is based the student’s FAFSA application.
Want to help support the UWM Food Center & Pantry?
- Our Amazon Wishlist: From time to time we’ll be posting high need items on our social media, but the most straightforward way to order is through Amazon! You can use our wishlist, or just order from your own Amazon account and have it delivered to 2200 E Kenwood Blvd., ATTN: Food Center & Pantry, Milwaukee, WI 53211.
- Donate through the UWM Foundation: Head to UWM.edu/give, click “Give Now”, select “View All Giving Opportunities” and search “Food.” This ensures your donation goes directly to us!
- Volunteer with us! Email email@example.com for our current volunteer shifts.
- Learn more about how to support the FCP with our FCP Partnership Packet!
Addressing Food Insecurity Among College Students
During Fall 2016, the Student Association (SA) conducted a campus wide survey addressing food insecurity. From those survey results (see here), we learned that roughly 50% of UWM students report not having enough food to eat. For some, this might seem like a surprising statistic, but for half of the UWM student population, this is their reality. Our mission is to ensure that the entire UWM community has access to nutritious food and key necessities in a welcoming and educational space. We collect demographic information and a variety of other data to improve processes and ensure that it is equitable, inclusive and accessible to meet the needs of the UWM diverse student population. If you have questions, please email UWM Food Center and Pantry at firstname.lastname@example.org Find us on Facebook!