Bolton Hall 183
Office of Central Advising at UWM
OCA Mission: The Office of Central Advising (OCA) is a comprehensive, campus-wide unit that provides holistic, compassionate, intensive advising and opportunities for multicultural enrichment to students from diverse backgrounds who have not yet declared a major.
Roberto Hernández Center:
The Roberto Hernández Center (RHC) serves Latino students by facilitating and supporting their academic, social and cultural experience at the university. Our bilingual staff assists students in successfully achieving their educational goals and leading a balanced student life. Some of our services to current students include:
· Academic advising and advocacy
· Referrals to campus support services, such as tutoring, mentoring, career development and student organizations
· Information about financial aid and scholarships
· Connections to community resources, such as job and volunteer opportunities
· Coordination of retention efforts and initiatives
· Co-lead of efforts to become a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) through our involvement in the Chancellor’s Committee for Hispanic Student Initiatives (CCHSI).