Spring 2023 Elections
- Nominate yourself on Presence. Nominations open Monday, January 30th at 9:00 AM and close Monday, February 27th at 9:00 AM.
- Collect signatures digitally or in person by Monday, February 27th at 9:00 AM. Paper signature sheets must be turned in to the SAPS office (Union WG10) by the deadline.
- Attend campaign training. Once you turn in signatures, you will receive an email from SAPS with a link to sign up for a time.
- Campaign February 24th-April 2nd.
- VOTE via email April 4th-6th.
- Final election results tentatively will be verified, announced, and winners notified on April 7th.
- Winners will be sworn in at a Senate Meeting May 7th.
To collect electronic signatures, a survey link will be provided to you upon completion of the Presence form. You can distribute the link to students to endorse you for the position you intend to fill. Alternatively, you may download the signature sheet form below to collect signatures in person. As a reminder, all completed physical signature sheets must be submitted, in person, directly to the SAPS office no later than 9:00 AM on Monday, February 27th for verification.
Want to participate, but not run for an office? No worries! There are plenty of other ways to get involved. You could become a Program Rep, join the Oversight and Appeals Commission (the judicial branch) or the Independent Elections Commission (which ensures fair and equal elections), or you can sit on any number of SA Committees which handle Segregated Fees, the Green Fund, Student Organization funding allocation, or a myriad of other projects. Click on the links for more information!
Election Packet Documents:
- Online Nomination Form (Will open at 9 AM on Monday, January 30th)
- Spring 2023 Welcome Letter
- Spring 2023 Campaign Rules
- Spring 2023 Election Timeline
- Spring 2023 Candidate Checklist
- Spring 2023 Signature Sheet
- IEC Bylaws
Elections are coordinated by the Independent Elections Commission (IEC). For more information on the IEC, or to report a campaign violation, visit the IEC page.