Spring 2024 Elections
- Nominate yourself on Presence. Nominations open Monday, February 19th at 9:00 AM
- Collect signatures digitally or in person by March 15th 4:30PM. Paper signature sheets must be turned in to the SAPS office (Union WG10) by the deadline.
- Attend campaign training March 25th-March 29th. Once signatures are turned in and verified, you will receive an email from SAPS with a link to sign up for a time slot.
- Campaign between March 30th-April 24th
- VOTE via email April 30th-May 2nd
- Final election results tentatively will be verified, announced, and winners notified on Friday May 3rd
To collect electronic signatures, a survey link will be provided to you upon completion of the Presence form and eligibility check. You can distribute the link to students to endorse you for the position you intend to fill. Alternatively, you may download the signature sheet form below to collect signatures in person. As a reminder, all completed physical signature sheets must be submitted, in person, directly to the SAPS office no later than March 15th 4:30PM for verification. Signatures can be collected online with your unique link or in person with a paper copy.
You will need to collect:
- 100 signatures for the President or a Vice-President position
- 40 signatures for an At-Large Senator position
- 40 signatures for the following schools or colleges – (Signatures must be from students within your school/college)
- College of Letters & Science
- College of Engineering & Applied Science
- Graduate School
- Lubar School of Business
- 30 signatures for the following schools or colleges – (Signatures must be from students within your school/college)
- College of Health Professions and Science
- College of Community Engagement and Professions
- College of the Arts and Architecture
- 30 signatures for an Advocacy Senator position
- 20 signatures for the following schools or colleges – (Signatures must be from students within your school/college)
- Joseph J. Zilber School of Public Health
- School of Freshwater Sciences
Want to participate, but not run for an office? No worries! There are plenty of other ways to get involved. You could become a Program Rep, join the Oversight and Appeals Commission (the judicial branch) or the Independent Elections Commission (which ensures fair and equal elections). Additionally, you can sit on any number of SA Committees which handle Segregated Fees, the Green Fund, Student Organization funding allocation, or a myriad of other projects. Click on the links for more information!
Election Packet Documents:
- Online Nomination Form (Will open at 9 AM on Monday, February 19th)
- Welcome Letter
- Election Campaign Rules
- Candidate Checklist
- Signature Sheet
- Spring 2024 Timeline
- IEC Bylaws
Please email email@example.com for questions regarding the election process/timeline or the SAPS Graduate Assistant Mia at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application/signature process.