Fall 2022 First-Year & Transfer Senator Elections
- Nominate yourself on Presence. Nominations open Monday, September 12th at 9:00 AM and close Monday, September 19th at 4:30 PM.
- Collect signatures digitally or in person by Monday, September 19th at 4:30 PM.
- Attend campaign training the week of September 19th-September 23rd.
- Campaign September 25th-October 2nd!
- VOTE via email October 4th.
- Final election results tentatively will be verified, announced, and winners notified on October 5th.
- Winners will be sworn in at a Senate Meeting October 9th.
To collect electronic signatures, a survey link will be provided to you upon completion of the Presence form. You can distribute the link to students to endorse you for the position you intend to fill. First-Year & Transfer Senator seats require 30 signatures (can be from any enrolled student). Alternatively, you may download the signature sheet form below to collect signatures in person. As a reminder, all completed physical signature sheets must be submitted, in person, directly to the SAPS office no later than 4:30 PM on Monday, September 19th for verification.
Want to participate, but not run for an office? No worries! There are plenty of other ways to get involved. You could become a Program Rep, join the Oversight and Appeals Commission (the judicial branch) or the Independent Elections Commission (which ensures fair and equal elections), or you can sit on any number of SA Committees which handle Segregated Fees, the Green Fund, Student Organization funding allocation, or a myriad of other projects. Click on the links for more information!
Election Packet Documents:
- Online Nomination Form (Will open at 9 AM on Monday, September 12th)
- Fall 2022 Welcome Letter
- Fall 2022 Campaign Rules
- Fall 2022 Election Timeline
- Fall 2022 Candidate Checklist
- Fall 2022 Signature Sheet
- IEC Bylaws
Elections are coordinated by the Independent Elections Commission (IEC). For more information on the IEC, or to report a campaign violation, visit the IEC page.