Students who have been conditionally admitted are required to enroll full-time in the Intensive English Program (IEP) and will not be permitted to register for academic courses until a higher level of English proficiency has been achieved. A conditionally admitted student can pass out of Conditional Admission status by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Qualifying for Full admission with EAP placement hold by positive recommendation from the Intensive English Program (IEP) following a sixteen-week session OR
- Submission of a TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo score which meets the English proficiency score range for full admission with EAP placement hold or full admission. Learn more about the English Proficiency requirements here.
Suggested Application Steps
- Apply for academic admission with the UWM International Student and Scholar Services.
In the application section titled “English Proficiency”, select “Request conditional admission”
If you are accepted for Conditional Admission, the ELA will follow up with the next steps to apply for the Intensive English Program with Conditional Admission.
- If you receive conditional admission, you will receive your next steps for applying to the Intensive English Program. You will also pay the IEP application fee at this time. We do not waive the application fee for our program.
- When your application has been processed, you will receive a Welcome email. This email will have your Welcome Letter, your UWM information, and your next steps.
- Activate your UWM ePanther ID. You will need to activate the UWM ePanther ID to access the ISSS connect portal to submit your passport and proof of funding.
- Your documents will be processed. If no other information is needed, you will be able to receive your I-20 document.
- Apply for your visa. See our immigration page with tips for your visa appointment.
The English Language Academy cannot put Conditional Admission or intention to study after the program on your I-20 until confirmation of your Conditional Admission has been received.
Contact information: If you have any questions about enrollment in the IEP, please contact the English Language Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about conditional admission, please contact:
Center for International Education (CIE) International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Garland 138
8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Tel: 1+ (414) 229-4846
Fax: 1+ (414) 229-0521