Resources for non-ELA students and community members.
- Supporting International Students in Your Classroom
- Articles and Research on challenges instructors face in the classroom when teaching International Students.
- ELA Friends Mentor – Volunteer Application
- Volunteer to be a mentor with ELA. Help students in off-campus group settings.
- Conversation Partners
- Interested in helping students practice their English and see if you can facilitate a language exchange. Sign up to be paired with a student conversation partner.
- Other Milwaukee ESL Resources
- English Proficiency Testing
- Helping ELLs that are not University Students
- UWM English Language Academy does not offer courses or tutoring for students that are not attending UW-Milwaukee or UWM branch campuses.
- Check out UW-Madison’s collection of Interactive Learning Websites.
- For high school and elementary students, please check with your school administration on the resources and support your school district offers.
- Check out your local public library for resources and events for English Language Learners.
- If you are living in Milwaukee, check out the Milwaukee Public Library to see their services for community members.
- See Other Milwaukee ESL Resources for more options
- Translation and Interpretation
*The English Language Academy does not offer Translation or Interpretation services.*
- Some services to try in the Milwaukee Area (ELA is not affiliated with the companies, services, and/or freelancers listed below)
- Argo Translations: www.argotrans.com.
- SWITS: https://swits.us.
- Translators-USA: https://www.translators-usa.com/locations/wisconsin-wi/milwaukee-wi/
- Interpreters Unlimited: https://interpretersunlimited.com/wisconsin-interpreter-translator/
- If none of the services fit your needs, please email us at email@example.com and we will connect you to other services.
Need more resources or not finding what you are looking for, email ELA at firstname.lastname@example.org.